Well, isn’t that fantastic, no formal guidelines for this acceptance post! Thank you, carolschepper of Time for my thoughts… for this nomination. I’m honored and I believe I still qualify. I’ll just post the usual rules:
- Put the Liebster Award logo on your blog. ✓
- Answer the questions given and then come up with 10 new ones to ask your nominees. ✓
- Nominate other blogs, let them know you have nominated them and put a link to their blog in your post. ✓
- No tag-backs. ✓
The questions I’ve been asked are quite fun…
- If you could go back to any single point in history, when would you choose and why?
Time travel? Even if I could, I wouldn’t. Star Trek has proven on many occasions that time travel is dangerous and screws everything up. Don’t do it! But, of course, I might be tempted to go back and visit the Big Bang…might answer a few of my questions about the universe. I’ll be sure to tell you all what I saw when I get back.
- Who is your favorite author?
Oh, gosh, favorite author…you’re really gonna ask me to pick? I’m going to have to say anybody who writes dystopian stuff. I absolutely love dystopian. My own novel is one.
- Why did you start blogging?
That one’s easier to answer. I started blogging because I wanted to publish an assortment of novels I knew for a fact were not good enough for any publishing agency with half a brain. I wanted to publish them so I could say I had something published. And they’re still available on my Creative Writing menu, but I honestly don’t recommend you read them. (Listen to nothing I say. I have a bad habit of trashing my own work.)
- How do you define happiness?
Happiness is the absence of overwhelming stress, a condition in which your life may not be perfect but at least you can stand to look yourself in the eye. Every morning when you get up you see a face you’re okay with in the mirror.
Just kidding. Happiness is a state of jubilation and excitement, achieved mostly through adventure and carefree excursions into the unknown, when all you want to do is throw back your head and lift your arms in the air and call out to anyone who cares to hear a battle cry of success because your life is so awesome!
Maybe both, I guess. But let’s stay positive.
- If you could have dinner with any 3 people, living or dead, who would you choose, and why?
1) René Auberjonois (plays Odo in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
2) Andrew Robinson (plays Garak in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)
3) Marc Alaimo (plays Gul Dukat in…yeah, you guessed it.)
Because all three play extremely complex characters and as much as I enjoy analyzing and dissecting these favorite characters of mine inside and out, I can’t help myself, I can be a fangirl too. It’d be super cool to meet these actors.
- What is the number one thing that you would like to see/do before you die?
Oh my gosh finish my to-do list. It looks like I might complete it in about 13.57 years, if I focus hard. Says Spock, my chosen statistics consultant.
- What was the last movie that you saw in a theater?
I don’t remember? You’ll never find me in the movie theater, ever.
- What was the most unusual, or amazing, thing that you’ve ever seen?
Ok, time for a funny story. So I was sitting outside the library next to the drop box, waiting for my ride. There’s a signal right there so you get to see lots of people slow and stop for their red light. Tons of interesting cars and people pass by. Trucks, convertibles, vans and little cars alike. But the craziest one? It didn’t have a hood on! Just baring its motor for all to see! And get this—it was raining!
Done hearing about me? Here are my nominees:
And of course, my questions for you:
- What is your blog about?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- Star Trek or Star Wars?
- If you could choose one question to be asked for an award acceptance post, what would it be and how would you answer it?
- You’re out camping with friends and family. You have only a nylon tent. And then it starts pouring. What do you do and why?
- You can write one post that everyone in the world will see. Every word will count. What will the title be and why?
- You have five minutes to speak with the President/Prime Minister/whoever governs your country. What would you say and why?
- What was the most rewarding high school course you ever took?
- Your friend is writing your biography and asks you to perform the final edit. What do you make sure is written?
- You have $100 to invest anywhere. You do not need to spend all of it, and you can spend it on anything and any number of things. What do you do with your money?