The Versatile Blogger Award

Versatile Blogger Award logo

Wow—nominated again! This time, I have S. B. Mazing (Author S B Mazing) to thank for it! I’ve got to say, aside from the Real Neat Blog Award, which I was nominated for very recently (see this post), this is one of the most fitting awards I can think of for my blog. And it’s also something I worried about in the beginning—do I blog about so many subjects that I could push readers away? Many bloggers have reassured me that it doesn’t work that way, and apparently they’re right. I just got an award for it. Didn’t even know this one existed!

So, let’s see what I’m going to have to do for this one…

1. Show the award on your blog. ✓
  2. Thank the person who nominated you. ✓
  3. Share seven facts about yourself. ✓
  4. Nominate 15 blogs. ✓
  5. Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know. ✓

What?!! Seven facts? No prompt questions? Ooh, great award! Hmm, I’m versatile, I can handle this, can’t I? Okay, here goes:

1. Astronomy is my life.
  2. I have a horse—who, unfortunately, has an account on my blog.
  3. I love rock climbing.
  4. I write novels and fan fiction for Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
  5. I just plain love these awards.
  6. I used to be obsessed with paleontology. Not anymore though.
  7. Travel is the one thing I want to do that I can never afford…

I guess that wasn’t so bad. Now, fifteen blogs. Okay, this should be easy. When I chose my nominees for the Real Neat Blog Award, I was afraid of choosing too many. So, here goes. And if I accidentally re-nominate anyone, I apologize if I’m breaking the award rules. I have no experience with this! For these nominations, I tried to nominate people who blog on a wide range of subjects.

Thank you so much, @amommasview, for your Weekly Picks posts. I found some of these blogs through your posts.

Now off to notify these bloggers of their nomination! It’ll probably take me some time, but I’ll check off step #5 in the award’s instructions when I’m done! For now…this post needs to be published! Congratulations, nominees!

About Emma

I'm a college student, astronomer, writer, Democrat, global warming activist, hardcore trekkie, daring adventuress, and dreamer. I have four blogs to date. The primary one is Science at Your Doorstep, but I also post to The Sojourns of Star Trek, Common Sense Politics (US), and Toleventures. I guest post to A Momma's View. I write for different reasons. Sometimes because I want to share my process of discovery with others. Sometimes because I think a story is too incredible to keep it to myself. Sometimes just because I want to be heard. Regardless, I hope you enjoy it!
This entry was posted in Announcements. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to The Versatile Blogger Award

1. Thanks for the nomination! That was a treat to read your thoughts and congrats to you! I’ve been on a 2 plus months not intentional but somehow became break. It was fun to log back in today and see your note.

2. amommasview says:

Thanks for the nomination 😉

• Perse says:

Well, of course. You deserve it. A hundred times over, I think. You’re pretty brave about what you post.

• amommasview says:

Oh thank you! How are you doing?

• Perse says:

I’m doing fine, thank you. Life is proceeding mostly according to plan, though I have yet to make a dent in my ever-growing to-do list! Unfortunately I haven’t been able to blog much but I hope to get back to that soon. My primary goal for this blog is to post at least a few times every month. And you?

• amommasview says:

All good. Blogging might be a bit of an issue in the first two months of the next year as I will be very busy with a job I took on during that time. Happy though as it’s back in the field I used to work and extremely hard to get back into, especially in this country. I managed somehow though 😉

• Perse says:

Believe me, you are so well loved by now, I doubt you’ll lose any of your following no matter how much blogging you have to cut out of your schedule. We will eagerly await your return 🙂

• amommasview says:

Oh boy… that sounds great 🙂 I do hope so… Actually thinking of planning ahead and schedule some post for then… Trying to figure out what makes sense. The job is in the sport event section and I know how crazy the hours will be, especially over the event period…

• Perse says:

I wouldn’t know, never tried anything like that…but I wish you all the best.

Liked by 1 person

3. Congratulations. A well deserved award.

• Perse says:

Thank you! I’m so glad I got an award for having a diverse blog. I used to think I’d push readers away because they got bombarded by so many topics. Getting and award for it was the compliment I needed…

Liked by 1 person

4. Congratulations on another well-deserved award! A nice fun set of random facts about you, too.
    And thank you very much for the nomination! It may take me a few days to pull my acceptance together—I’ll probably post it later in the week (maybe in lieu of my regular Thursday ramble).

• Perse says:

Wait, I’m stuck now…do I have to comment on your blog now and let you know about your nomination, like it says in the instructions? Or do I not have to because you obviously already know? And you’re welcome, by the way. Take your time!

5. amommasview says:

Oh thank you so much for the nomination 🙂 great facts about you!

Let's talk science!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s